Poetry. Lots of it. Poems will actually be the main course here, curried, fried, steamed, sautéed, raw - it's the main course! There will also be some Short Stories and the Occasional Rant. Book Reviews and Really Random Things are on the menu as well. Side orders include lyrics for favourite songs, quotes and poems that I love, pictures of things and people that catch my eye. A random bitmap drawing or two if the mood strikes. By the way, like the title hints, this post is the only appetizer you're going to get, so sharpen your teeth for scrum-diddly-umptious, belly-fulling reads after this!
So I have rolled out the serving tray and bade you sit at the table as I set it nicely before you. I have laid out your knives, forks and spoons (in whatever hellish order they're 'supposed' to be in) but before I say "bon appetit!" let me offer you some fine wine - the true hidden and somewhat sadistic intent behind the creation of this blog. It is to keep me on track with the important things in the universe, not just my internal world. I want to improve my writing not for myself but for some greater purpose, a purpose that is yet to be defined.
When I was 19 thereabouts (include 17, 18, 20 and 21 in "thereabouts") I had planned to at least move out of my parents home by the age of 20. There was no specific method involved, no goal towards marriage, or any lucky windfall with lotto, just the need for freedom. I had planned to start travelling the world, taking cool pictures of awesome places like Macchu Pichu and the bottom of the Bermuda Triangle. I had planned to be free and in planning without taking forcible action I ended up here; three years later, working a job that diminishes my B.A., no travel experience and, let the aroma of the wine fill you before you sip, still living at home in the over-invaded room I call my own space.
However, there have been some major upsides to staying in this country in the same house and being an accomplished slacker - I have the coolest most beautiful friends. Inner and outer beauty I'm talking here aaand they're all ridiculously talented. I have also had the exquisite pleasure of falling in love, unrequited of course. I savour every moment of survival in that aspect. Mark my words, retrospect makes everything absurdly hilarious. I only pay one and a half bills - internet and phone...I say one and a half beacause it's a package deal with the same dealer..technicalities...
I am comfortable but I should not be. I refuse to be. There are things that I want to accomplish and I will. This is the first of many small steps in my search and as I uncover the domed silver dish, the steam and delicious hearty smell of the main course rises up to hit your nostrils, I smile and say to you, "Bon Appetit!" :)
P.S. Special thanks to Silver Feather and the Paper Doll for encouraging me to don my chef's hat and mark my cake with a big orange B!
P.P.S. (Is that even allowed? LOL) If anyone has a copy of and is willing to sell me Life, the Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams, I will be eternally grateful.
3 comments (+add yours?)
The creation of this blog (as I told you) made my weekend.I think your style of writing is innovative and so interesting to read. So the first post intrigues me and I cannot wait to read the rest. Congrats Hun! :)
I concur; I can't wait to read the rest! :)
There was a lot that I didn't see on the surface though, so I'm glad that I read this.
im sooo proud of u! with dreams, high hopes, great ambition together with will power, determination, no procratination and the most important god's blessings u shall succeed.ღ
I think ur writing and its style is superb ღ
Post a Comment