My photo
Apparently I'm an Introvert. Yes, I know we make the worst perverts :)

Friday, April 30, 2010

Thoughts in a Suspended Moment

The following poem was written not too long aback when I received a text message that contained a phone number and instructions to call it, that the person who I would be calling liked me.

I sometimes like to use melodies from songs and lines from them to assist in my writing process, this is one such poem, the name of the song is Shameful Metaphors by Chevelle. It's a beautiful song, I posted it at the end of the poem so you can take a listen while you read if you like.


~*~


why has my life made no sound? --Shameful Metaphors -- Chevelle

I feel my voice dying
words turning to whispers and nothing
the greatest offense you could perform

I fear your eyes closing

pass me off on someone else
because you can do better
or I can do better

or

or we can each love another
not each other.

If I cannot love you
then who?

I see God in you
I see the devil

I see myself in you
I see defied potentials

are we defying our potential?
I hate that word but is my pride, my twisted logic
an obstruction

or are you just an asshole?

even now
...



1 comments (+add yours?)

Riot of the Mind said...

I saw on fb that you created a blog, congrats! Really liking your template. Any friend of Chevelle is a friend of mine. I know your writing is kick-ass so don't got much else to say.

Peace,
Shas.

Post a Comment